2020 LNUSC Select Tournament COVID Plan
100% Refund Guarantee
Safety is our Highest Priority
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have been diligent about creating a safe and comfortable environment for everyone, while still being able to run our tournament effectively, adhering to CDC and EPYSA guidelines and regulations.
We are closely motioning EPYSA's Return to Play guidelines, and observing all EPYSA tournaments prior to ours, as we build out our 2020 LNUSC Select Tournament strategy and COVID Plan.
This plan is dynamic and a work in progress. It will be adjusted and updated regularly to reflect new information and guidance from federal and state governments, as well as health organizations, and soccer governing bodies.
What to Expect
- Only 1 family member per player is recommended. Spectators are limited to two (2) per player on teams U12 and under, and one (1) per player for teams U13 and up.
- It is strongly recommended that anyone over the age of 65 and/or with pre-existing conditions do not attend.
- We will provide hand sanitizer at each field location including the bathrooms, snack stands, and information tables.
- There will be no hand-shake lineup after each game.
- We will disinfect training equipment and limit who can touch or move equipment.
- Game balls will be sanitized before/after every game.
- No public seating areas will be provided, minimizing areas of congregation.
- Signs and ground markings will be used to ensure proper social distance protocols are utilized and observed by all attendees and staff.
- Prior to arriving at the facility all players, coaches, spectators and referees should take body temperatures at home. Do not come to the facility if you have a fever, which is a temperature >100.3 degrees F.
- Coaches and players are to maintain social distancing during half-time, water breaks, and at all times when off the field of play.
- Players and their equipment will be spaced along the field at 6 foot intervals to help maintain appropriate social distancing when not actively engaged in soccer activity.
- Players may remove face coverings during active warm up and during the game.
- Coaches and spectators are expected to wear face coverings at all times. Coaches may remove their face covering to communicate to players on the field, that face covering should be replaced once communication is complete.
- Spectators and teams are expected to adhere to social distance guidelines at all times throughout the day.
- No pets, No grills, No alcohol, No group gatherings.
- If a ball goes off touchline or end line, players or a coach are to retrieve the ball, spectators are not to assist with equipment.
- Teams and supporters must immediately leave the field after your match.
- When possible, teams should make plans to exit the facility between games, and leave the complex promptly when your bracket is finished.
- There will be limited food available for purchase.
Response Plan for Identification of COVID Exposure
Parents of a player will notify the Tournament Director if the player or someone in the player’s home is presumptive positive or tests positive for COVID.
LNUSC will follow CDC guidelines and HIPAA regulations on confidentiality.
COVID Point of Contact
For all LNUSC Select Tournament COVID related policy questions and concerns, the Tournament Director will serve as the point of contact.
EPYSA Important Links
EPYSA’s Return to Play Protocols
EPYSA’s Tournament Protocols
EPYSA’s Stages of Restart within the Green Phase
EPYSA’s Communicable Disease Agreement