Winter Intramural Indoor Soccer Program
LNUSC WINTER INDOOR SOCCER PROGRAM
- Dates: Sunday, January 5th to Sunday, March 1st (no games Superbowl Sunday).
- Location: Newtown Athletic Club (120 Pheasant Run, Newtown, PA 18940).
- Times: Games will be played on Sundays, 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM (with younger divisions playing earlier/first)
- The first weekend all players will meet their coaches and receive uniform jerseys. Players should wear shin guards, turf shoes or sneakers (no cleats), black shorts and a t-shirt.
- Teams are small-sided to encourage all players to have more touches on the ball.
- Modifications to the number of field players may be made based upon roster size.
- Teams traditionally consist of 7 to 9 players and play 5v5 – 1 goalie and 4 field players.
- U6 plays 4v4 without goalies
- Games for U6/U8 are 30 minutes of continuous play (no halftime)
- Games for U10/U12/U14 are 40 minutes of continuous play (no halftime)
- Intramural coaches from local leagues are welcome to have players register to play together as a team during the winter season.
- Touchline (out of bounds) will be enforced.
- There are no walls in play. There are nets on the outside of the touchlines to keep the ball in the vicinity of the playing field.
- The game is fast-paced. Frequent substitutions are made on the fly.
- Games are intended to be fun and competitive. No team rankings are kept and no playoffs will be scheduled.
- Practices and training are not offered through the club in the winter. This program focuses on game experience and the joy of playing soccer during the winter months.
INDOOR SOCCER REGISTRATION COSTS
- Early Registration (by November 30th) - $90
- Normal Registration (December 1st through December 15th) - $115
- Registrations after December 15th will be placed on a waitlist
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration is available online and payment can be made via credit card.
INDOOR SOCCER AGE DIVISIONS
- U6: 2014-2015
- U8: 2012-2013
- U10: 2010-2011
- U12: 2008-2009
- U14: 2006-2007
Teams are traditionally coed, but will be split into separate Boys and Girls teams for any divisions that have sufficient players.
- Before December 1st: Full refund minus a $10 administration fee
- Between December 1st and Opening Day: 50% refund of all registration fees
- After Opening Day*: No Refunds
*Opening Day is defined as the first day of scheduled gameplay
Practices and Games canceled due to bad weather or field conditions are not guaranteed to be rescheduled.
Please contact the Intramural Director or President with questions regarding the programs or fee schedules:
Steve Nichols - Intramural Director
Bill Russell - President