LNUSC Fall Select Tournament Rules
- FORMAT OF PLAY
- Ages U-8 and U-10 will play a 7 vs. 7 format with EPYSA rules governing play.
- Ages U12 will play a 9 vs. 9 format with EPYSA rules governing play.
- Ages U-14 and up will play an 11 vs. 11 format with EPYSA rules governing play.
- DIVISIONS GUIDELINES
** ALL TEAMS GUARANTEED 3 GAMES AT A MINIMUM
- DETERMINING DIVISION AND SUB-DIVISION WINNERS
- Six (6) points will be awarded for a win, and three (3) point for a tie, no points for a loss.
- One (1) points for each goal scored up to 3 goals (maximum of 3 points)
- One (1) point awarded for a shutout.
- Ten (10) Total points possible for each game.
- Teams with the most points win.
1.) Two-way ties:
- a) Head-to head
- b) Total Goal differential in all games played (maximum of 3 per game). Please note 1 point will be deducted for each instance of a goal differential in excess of +6.
- c) Team allowing the least total goals in all games played
2.) Three-way ties (in each case, if the rule eliminates 1 team, then use 2-way):
- a) Total Goal differential in all games played (maximum or 3 per game)
- b) Team allowing the least total goals in all games played
3.) Four-way ties (in each case, if the rule eliminates 2 teams, then use 2-way)
- a) Total Goal differential in all games played (maximum of 3 per games)
- b) Team allowing the least total goals in all games played
- c) 4-way penalty kicks
- GAMES HALTED BY WEATHER OR GAMES HALTED DUE TO INJURY
- If weather conditions delay a game for 30 minutes the following rule applies: If more then twenty (20) minutes have been played in a game that has been called because of weather conditions, the game will be considered official. Otherwise, it will be recorded as a 1-1 tie.
- If injuries delay a game the following rule applies: If at least a full half has been played prior to the injury, the game will be considered official. If not, teams will play a full half for an official score to be reported. 20 minutes or 25 minutes depending on the age group. Subsequent games on that field will proceed as quickly as possible to get back on schedule (if possible).
- TEAM ROSTERS
- Age brackets playing 7 vs.7 are limited to twelve (12) players, 9 vs 9 are limited to sixteen (16) and teams playing 11 vs.11 will be limited to eighteen (18) players.
- No roster changes once the tournament has started.
- No player may play for more than one (1) team in the tournament for the duration of the event.
- AGE DETERMINATION DATE - BIRTH YEAR - New age requirements
U8 - 2014 and younger - Roster max of 12
U10 - 2012-2013 - Roster max of 12
U12 - 2010-2011 - Roster max of 16
U14 - 2008-2009 - Roster max of 18
U15/16 - 2006-2007 - Roster max of 18
All players must have been born on or later than the dates appropriate for their age bracket. Proof of birth date will be a team roster or Birth Certificate. Ineligible players will subject their teams to disqualification from the tournament. All games in which ineligible players participate will result in forfeiture by the offending team.
- GAME CONDUCT
- Sanctioned USSF referees will be used.
- Coaches or players are not permitted on playing field at any time during play unless called on by the referee. FAILURE TO OBEY THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN AN INDIRECT KICK AWARDED AGAINST THE VIOLATING TEAM FOR DELAY OF GAME. Repeated violations, at the discretion of the referee, may result in forfeiture of the match.
- Any player sent off the field by the referee will automatically be suspended from the next game his/her team plays in the tournament.
- Red and yellow cards will be reported to the home State Association and the home club/league of the team. The home State Association and the home club/league shall have the responsibility for imposing additional penalties within their jurisdictions, if warranted.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct by players, managers, coaches or team supporters will not be tolerated and repeated violations may result in forfeiture of the match, at the referee’s discretion. NO SLIDE TACKLING PERMITTED!
- Ejected coaches, managers and supporters will be banned from the sideline for the balance of the match.
- All games shall be played in accordance with the laws of the game as observed by EPYSA, USYSA, USSF and FIFA.
No limit to the number of substitutions made, except that proper notification shall be made to the referee.
Teams may substitute only with the referee’s permission and only at the following times (including overtimes):
× Prior to a throw-in by the team in possession; piggy back substitutions are allowed.
× Prior to a goal kick, by either team;
× After a goal, by either team;
× After an injury on either team when the referee stops play;
× At halftime;
× On a caution, only the cautioned player may be substituted at that time.
- DURATION OF THE GAME
- U-8 THROUGH U-10: Games shall have two (2) twenty (20) minute halves.
- U-12 AND UP: Games shall have two (2) twenty-five (25) minute halves.
- BALL SIZE: U8-U12 - play with a size 4 ball, U14+ - play with a size 5 ball
- A five (5) minute grace period will be allowed for a team to field a minimum of nine (9) players (11v11) ; seven (7) players for (9 vs. 9),five (5)players (7v7) after which the referee shall declare a forfeit.
- All forfeits, regardless of the cause, will be declared a 1-0 game.
- HOME TEAM DESIGNATIONS
The first team listed on the schedule will be considered the "Home Team" and will be responsible for wearing alternate jerseys or pinnies when necessary.
In the event that a team believes it is necessary to submit a protest; such protest must be filed, in writing, by the coach or team manager at Tournament Headquarters within two (2) hours after the game’s completion.
NO PROTESTS WILL BE ENTERTAINED REGARDING THE REFEREE’S DECISIONS.
All protests will be reviewed by the Rules and Protest Committee within two hours of receipt. Rules and Protest Committee decisions will be final.
- PLAYER EQUIPMENT
Players on every team will dress in proper uniform. SHIN GUARDS ARE MANDATORY.
- TEAM INSURANCE
It shall be the obligation of all teams entered into the Tournament to provide insurance for their players.
- REFUNDS / CANCELLATION POLICY
Tournament Cancellation and Refund Policy: Should the tournament, a site or a division, be cancelled prior to the start of the tournament due to weather, other force-majeure concerns or reasons beyond the control of the tournament committee, each affected team will receive a refund less $75.00 administration fee. No other refunds will be issued.
Should the tournament be cancelled due to weather, other force-majeure concerns or reasons beyond the control of the tournament committee, after the first game has started, no refund will be issued.
The determination of force-majeure as well as field(s) being playable will be made solely by the Langhorne United Soccer Club and/or its designees.
This is normally a patch exchange tournament - pending EPYSA Covid Updates.